A Simple Start-up Guide to SocialSpark

*This was originally posted on Boink



I finally gave in. After so many invites sent in all my email addresses, I finally signed up for SocialSpark, one of IZEA's innovations aside from PayPerPost. I was pretty hesitant at first because I noticed how different the site is and how it may be too complicated for me. I usually just sign up and get a blog approved but there are a few steps a greenhorn must do before starting to enjoy this website.

First, why should you join SocialSpark? My answer is, it does add more to your blogging experience. It offers opportunities for bloggers who want to earn more money through their blogs, it has some forums where bloggers can interact, and most importantly, it works as a social networking site for bloggers, where you can add friends, give them props, and drive traffic to your blog.





You get all these in just one site that is SocialSpark. They also feature:

-100% Audit-able In-Post Disclosure
-100% Transparency
-100% Real Opinions
-100% Search Engine Friendly

However, before you jump right into the bandwagon, I'd like to offer some help in understanding how their approval process works. First is a given: you have to have a blog which preferably has been online for more than 3 months and has updated posts. Here are the steps:



l1. CLaim your blog: This would require you to copy and paste a code onto your blog. This should detect and verify ownership of your blog.

2. Add ITK: I had difficulty understanding what this step required me to do. Basically, you also copy and paste a javascript code onto your blog. This is what they call the Izea Tool kit. This is different from the first code when claiming because an ITK detects the Izea ranks, number of visitors and hits of your blog. In short, it serves another purpose.

3. Verify: This is the part where all you need to do is wait. I am guessing that a lot of people are joining SocialSpark everyday so my verification took almost two weeks.

The long wait for verification shouldn't be a problem though. This is important only for accepting opportunities as you may not take any without being verified.

However, you may start adding friends, accepting invites, as well as giving them props while the verification is yet to be done. This way, you get to know which advertisers have the most number of opportunities and you can drive other bloggers to your blog/s.

SocialSpark is an excellent site for bloggers who want to monetize their blogs and have fun while doing it.

0 comments: