Lessons from Getting Banned

Like I said in my previous entry, I was banned from the Social Spark community for 2 weeks. Customer Love emailed me saying that I was soliciting props and have added a considerable large number of members in just a short period of time which may have been a result of having some sort of an automatic script.

My apologized and told them I am just a regular blogger who doesn't even know what an automatic script is let alone make one for my benefit. As a result of my account's suspension, I did not have access to the funds that were already ready to be cashed out. I earned nothing from Social Spark for two weeks and on top of that, I missed all the opportunities that were reserved for me. Oh, how painful it was to get emails saying 'Reservation has been created!' for an opportunity which I've been waiting to have for weeks now.

Fortunately, I am now able to log into my Social Spark account. Customer Love said my account will still be monitored so I will need to stop whatever it is that I am doing. This should also be a lesson for all bloggers:

1. When using social networking sites, DO NOT use the tab option of your browser to add friends simultaneously. I think this is the reason why they thought I was employing an automatic script.

2. When leaving a comment, DO NOT solicit for props. Comments should be personal and should not be any form of solicitation, be it props or opportunities.

There's an eBook for utilizing Social Networking sites as marketing tools. Shoot me an email or leave a comment if you want a coy to be sent through email!

2 comments:

Gem said...

Thanks for these tips. I've been adding a lot of friends in SS lately. They have not yet caught me in the act. I hope not.

I stopped giving props and drops since I've discovered that my props dropped to zero.

WikiPika said...

Well, i don't think adding 'too much' friends is never bad as long as you're not using your browser's tab function to add people simultaneously.