Finally - My EON Card has arrived!

For those who want to know more about PayPal, please google them or go to their site. A lot has been said about PayPal. All I can say is, it's safe and it works! I can't tell you how happy I was when I found out that PayPal would be launching a Philippine site. I didn't sign up right away when it was launched. I just found out from my editor at the Inquirer (through her personal blog) that PayPal has indeed reached Philippine shores.

Bank accounts/debit/credit cards from major bank accounts can now be added to your PayPal account. I will list the bank codes of most Philippine banks. What most bloggers recommend is the Unionbank cyberaccount called EON. Everything is done online (except the application) and I heard that transferring money to the EON account is faster than most banks. I will have to put that to the test though.

Getting an EON card is supposed to be VERY easy. They used to allow online application but recently, they stopped doing that. So I had to go to the nearest Unionbank branch. I filled out a form, gave a photocopy of two government-issued IDs and was asked to wait for 3-5 business days.

Tick tock. Three weeks have passed but still no EON card. I called them each week and the bitch who always answers the phone said there seems to be a delay and so I really have to wait. Fine. I'm okay with waiting. I understand that there might be a lot of people who are also trying to get one. I was pissed when I received a letter in the mail (dated June 26) saying 'Welcome and Thank you for being a new patron" -something like that. If their system prompted them to send me a letter, then definitely my cyberaccount is already existent.

I called them up to follow-up and it was again the same bitch who, not only was not helpful, she also talked over me and almost hung up on me. I called their head office to file a ticket for this missing EON card. Within 24 hours, the card mysteriously appeared on the phase of the Earth. I was asked to go to the same branch to get the card.

I paid 350Pesos for the annual fee. The card is finally here:

I've signed up for the online cyber account. Now all I need to do is to wait for confirmation (which will take 2 business days) and I can finally withdraw my first batch of earnings. YES! my first PayPal withdrawal! I can't wait!









Secured Loans


Compare 100s of secured loans
with Accepted.co.uk.


www.accepted.co.uk




Matched.co.uk

0 comments: